DO YOU OFFER ANY GUARANTEES?
MONDAY MARKETING NEWSLETTER
NOTES ON: The “GUARANTEE” IN YOUR AD.
Dear Marketing Friend,
There are some 31 Selling Stratagems you can use in your advertising and marketing.
One of the most powerful… “stratagems”… is THE GUARANTEE.
Ya have to know… potential buyers… when faced with buying a HIGH-TICKET item… have a thing going on in their head. They are worried. They don’t want to be “fooled again”. They don’t want to be snoockered into buying something they will regret.
So, in that case… THE GUARANTEE may come in handy. So allow me to think out loud with you about your guarantee.
- THE DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. This is a powerful, bold claim. It works well for small ticket items. Like cans of soup. But you don’t want to offer a double-your-money-back guarantee with a house or car or some big time investment plan.
- THE 30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. In most cases… this is a fine guarantee.
- THE 90-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. The longer-stronger you make your guarantee… the more likely they are to forget it and never ask for a refund. The shorter you make your guarantee, the more likely they will take advantage of it.
- THE “MEET-THESE-CONDITIONS” GUARANTEE. This comes in handy with things like a business opportunity… or complex business systems program. Often, a buyer will buy, and not meet the conditions. In such a case, you need to cover your butt.
- One way to cut requests for refunds… is to use the POST PURCHASE REASSURNACE LETTER. This is a letter telling your customer how smart he was to buy your product or service. The letter again goes over the BENEFITS he will receive from owning and using the product.
- If you do have customers return the product, you can always have a SCRATCH AND DENT SALE. Examples: Robert Collier in the 1930’s sold Travel Suit Cases by mail. Of course he got some returns and requests for refunds. No problem. He wrote a “scratch and dent” sale letter – saying “sometimes we get returns from customers, we are selling these “almost new” suit cases and a heavily discounted price. Do you want one?” The offer was so powerful, he ran out of returned suit cases. And had to hire someone to kick the boxes of new suit cases to make them look like returned items. I have a client who sells video recording sessions to be used to enhance website rankings and push down negative reviews. He sometimes gets clients to cancel at the last minute and sells the video recording time slot at a discounted price. It’s basically a “scratch and dent” sale.
- I had a Martial Arts client who offered this guarantee: Train with us for 6 months and if you’re ever attacked you will win the fight or I’ll give you your entire 6-months training fee back. His GUARANTEE was powerful and he never had a refund request because, by and large no one gets “attacked”, and if they are they win the fight and if they lose… well, it never happened.
- The I’LL MAKE IT RIGHT guarantee. You want happy, satisfied customers. And if you’re offering a service – like home repairs – Of course you’ll come back and make it right. It’s a very assuring and believable part of your selling strategy.
- If you’re still reading this, you know you need to beef-up your marketing and selling strategy. It’s time to pick up the phone and call me for help. I’ve helped many clients increase sales and profits. I’ve done it by creating strong marketing campaigns that often include a strong guarantee.
When you call… we will go over your situation… your track record… your competition… your margins… your target market… your marketing plan and budget… your customer’s mentality and buying hesitations… your goals and dreams.
I’ll be totally honest with you. If you’re in a business situation that looks hopeless… I’ll tell you. I’ve often told clients to close up shop and go into something else. Some businesses just cannot be helped. They die a slow or fast death due to factors beyond the business owners’ control. Like a change in interest rates. Like the introduction of a new technology that makes your product obsolete. Like a large change in your market’s mood. We’ll talk about it all.
Here is my number: 801-895-9598
And THANK YOU in advance for giving me the opportunity to serve you and contribute to your ongoing success.
LET’S STAY IN TOUCH. I’LL EMAIL YOU IDEAS, TIPS AND PROFIT BOOSTING MARKETING METHODS I’VE PROVEN OVER THE YEARS. JUST MAKE SURE TO ENTER YOUR INFO BELOW
PAGE ONE RANK, IN 4 WEEKS.